Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tomorrow is #5



Some cute pictures that I wanted to share.






These are some of the cute gifts that Rachel has received.
Thanks everyone!




I thought I would explain a little about Rachel's porta-cath. It is a device that is placed under her skin that will allow quick and easy access by the nurses for any kind of bloodwork or chemo. It is a small round disk that is about 1/2" thick. Attached to the disk is a catheter that is threaded through a vein up towards her clavicle and then over and down towards her heart. The benefit to having a port is that she won't have to be poked with a needle each time they need to draw blood or have an IV. The picture shows what they use each time to draw blood and administer the chemotherapy (one poke - not two or three or four).

Tomorrow is treatment #5. We are looking forward to 1 more day and 1 more treatment closer to Rachel being completely well. God is with us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I just found out about a week ago about your engagement and having cancer. Talk about big changes. it sounds like you are being very strong. I just wanted to say a little hello and let you know i will keep you in my prayers.

    -Cristina Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of you sleeping made me tired. MMMMM...

    ReplyDelete