Monday, January 24, 2011

Had vs. Have

I got a call a few weeks ago that said I had no-let me repeat NO cancer in my body. Can you believe it?! Let me say that many a happy dance and joyous singing happened. It is an amazing feeling to know that I have beaten the Big C. I am planning on having a victory party soon. My plans are to get flesh colored balloons and paint faces on them. Get it? Little baldies hanging out. And then we'll have a cake in either the shape of a lymph node or a huge C, and also cup cakes that are either going to be cells or chemo cakes. We haven't decided. Then my friend suggested that I get a piñata in the shape of a C and beat it so we can all "beat cancer." Ha, it made me laugh really hard when he suggested that. 

I was reading over my blog the other day and it is just so surreal that I actually had cancer. Holy cow, I had cancer! But now I can say that I had cancer. I feel so blessed. I am so grateful to all my friends, family, and Heavenly Father for helping me get through my sick time. I have grown so much learned even more. Thank you to everyone for your love and support during my difficult time. I couldn't have done it without you! XOXO!

Now for the thing I have been dying to say for 10 months.... Remember when I would say I have Cancer, Cancer doesn't have me? Well, now I can officially say... (drumroll please...)

I had cancer... 
Cancer didn't have me!

Can I get a what what?! Hoorah! I am cancer free!!

3 comments:

  1. hi sweet baby! i love that you have a blog and that i can follow it! you are so cute, and thats SO exciting. can you come visit us soon? love karly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel -

    We are so proud of you and grateful that our prayers were answered. You are a great girl! Good luck with school.

    -John, Dana, Hailee, and Cam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel!I just found your blog while researching for hodgkin's information. I found out I had HD stage II in january, and I've been having chemo since february (it will be 16 applications, it ends in october)and I had never found a blog of someone my age who has/had cancer, so it was very interesting to me to read your story. Congratulations for your healing and your growing hair, I hope I can say the same very soon :)

    Flavia Maoli - Brasil

    ReplyDelete