Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Resolution

New Years Resolutions. We make them, we break them, we resolve to do better. We either succeed, fail or fall somewhere in between. I think the important part is to remember that even if we don't fully reach our yearly goal, we should not despair. The important thing is that you are striving to do something to better your life or to accomplish something. If you fall short, that doesn't mean you have failed. You are further than you were when you started. 

Another thing I feel that is important to remember is to not compare ourselves with others. Life is not a race, we should take time to enjoy what is around us and constantly strive to be better than we were. If we are comparing our goals and lives to others, we are already setting ourselves up for disappointment. We need to enjoy the journey that helps create who we are to become. 
Photo: Courtesy of Pinterest
res·o·lu·tion/ rez-uh-loo-shun
1. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
2. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action
3. having a firmness of purpose.

Upon reading the definition of what a resolution is, I discovered that courage has a lot to do with the action of accomplishing a resolution. According to my trusty Mac's dictionary it says:

"Resolution also implies firmness of mind rather than fearlessness, but the emphasis is in the determination to achieve a goal in spite of opposition or interference."

This is the most important part of a resolution for me. I need to have courage to do the things I want to do and have resolved to do. Even if some of the things are scary, I need to have faith and courage that things will work out in their own time. I cannot be afraid of failing. Fear is the enemy to faith and to succeed in my progression, I need to rely on the Lord when it gets hard. 
Photo: Courtesy of Pinterest
So my goals this year are simple:
-Above all, I want to continue in my progression to become the person Heavenly Father wants me to be. 
-I want to become the confident courageous person that I know I can be. 
-I want to be the happiest person in the world. Literally. I will find someone to measure it.
-Become confident and comfortable in my body.
-Get a 4.0 or as close to it as possible.
-Serve someone every single day.
-Mark every page of the Book of Mormon with a color coded system.

These are just some of the goals I have this year, and the others I will keep in my heart. So here is to a new year of bettering one's self. I look forward to the glorious opportunities that are in store for me. I know that as I lean on Heavenly Father for help in my daily resolutions and enjoy all that He has given to me, I will be blessed and be able to succeed. 

Good luck in all your daily resolution's peeps!  I know you can do it!
"Never give up! Never Surrender!"
-Galaxy Quest

No comments:

Post a Comment