Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy Old Year!

Another year has come and gone, and I am still trucking along up in Ice Rexburg Ideeho. Now, some people may think, "Wow, how long have you been there?" A kind and vague response would be, "Oh not long, I've lost track of the semesters..." But me being the honest person I am responds with a response that goes like this: "Weeeelll... This is my fifth year." In that moment the inquiring persons face drops and turns a little green. At that I just chuckle and think, "Oh you young thing, carry on. Maybe someday you can be as cool as me."

How inconceivable is it that this last year I finished my eighth and ninth semester of college and am now on my tenth semester. The big one oh. Sometimes it feels like I just started yesterday. I think it is an accomplishment and am so excited to get another two semesters under my belt. One day I'll graduate.. At least that's the hope. Something amazing about BYU-Idaho is that I get to meet a lot of amazing people from all over the country and world. I was blessed to meet a lot of great friends and develop wonderful relationships with them.

In addition to knocking out another two semesters of school, I was able to do a lot of fun things this last year. I got to work immediately from getting home from school and received a scholarship from the American Cancer Society. These combined equaled me being able to pay for fall semester and this winter semester all by myself until I start work again in the summer. I feel like such a grown up. Woot!

I got to visit my sister and her family in New York before she had her little girl and got to spend a lot of time with my family at home in Utah. One really cool thing was that we were all home for Christmas. It was really great to have all of us there. I got to meet my one-year-old nephew and my niece. I may or many not have been obsessively taking pictures of them. As well as holding, loving, and playing with them like crazy. It was so great. I love my family. My siblings and I are pretty spaced out in age and in geographical distance, so it's good to develop a relationship with them even though we are far away.

Mrs. Preggers and I at Niagra Falls.
Celebrating New Years Eve Fischer style, minus my beautiful Mama.
 

My lovely Grandma Fischer holding the most adorable baby in the entire world.
This is a proven fact and non-debatable.

Another cool thing that happened this last year was that Rachelle got married! She is now a Mrs. and is doing so well. It was really neat to see her and Dillon tie the knot and see her so peaceful and happy.


One of the coolest things that happened to me was that I got called to be a Sunday-School teacher! It was so great to be able to share my testimony and discover more about the gospel. At first it was really scary, but as I got into it more I became really good at it!

So my 2012 was pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Above all, I really came to realize that I am beginning to become more confident in myself and growing and developing in the way that I want to. I lost a lot of time when I got sick, so now that I am doing well in my recovery I am becoming normal once more.

Stop and smell the flowers peeps. It's worth a sniff to count your blessings and name them one by one.

PS: These flowers may or may not have been taken from the gardens up on campus.
I promise I'm not a felon. We were simply just helping with the pruning process.
Read about it here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have this blog! This was so fun to read. Thanks for sharing! I will be following ..pretend that doesn't sound creepy.

    ReplyDelete