Thursday, September 2, 2010

Happy-Happy

Besides the health stuff, I am doing alright. I am really bummed that I can't go back to Rexburg, and I'm trying really hard to be happy about my situation, and to get out and do things. I have been so scared that I will be alone and forgotten, and have no friends. So I have been having a prayer in my heart that I can make friends. And do you know what? My prayers are being answered. I am starting to make friends down here and have been going out to do things.

Last week, I went on an adventure to Salt Lake with some girls that were on my soccer team forever ago and that I went to high school with, and with one of their cousin's. It was so much fun. We went to Decades, DI, and the Gateway mall. Decades is this crazy vintage store with clothing and accessories from every decade since like the 40's to the 80's. HOOOLYY snot, it is an amazing store. DI is Deseret Industries, and the Gateway mall is an outdoor mall! And at that mall was Anthropologie. I have never been to the actual store, just dreaming online. I was in heaven!

Observe the pictures below. Not only am I adorable, but I must tell you that I bought this William Sonoma popcorn bowl at DI for $1.00!!! I was so excited. I have been wanting one of these for a long time, and I was excited to get it for mine and Skyler's future home. I love popcorn, so this will give me more reason to eat it. It will taste better because it is in a cute bowl.


Then this week, I was able to go see Confessions of a Shopaholic. (One of my favorites) at an outdoor movie in Provo with a girl in my branch. It was amazing! Usually people don't understand my jibberish noise making that I do in conversation, but she did! She does the same thing! Then we hung out the other night with two other people from our branch and we all had a spectacular time!

These experiences really and truly have been answers to my prayers. Now I don't feel like I will be alone. I can enjoy my time I have down here. This brings me such comfort. I know that Heavenly Father truly cares about me and is listening to my little prayers. Even just a small thing like me saying "Please help me find friends and help me be happy." I am so blessed.

Even though I can't go back to Rexburg and live the life I want to and be with my friends, I can still grow, and enjoy life down here aaand have friends!! I am very grateful for that. Yay for friends and Heavenly Father!!! Hip hip hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment