Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Love School

So here I am back at school at the most populated place on the face of the earth. Rexburg, Idaho. This will by my... about my seventh semester? It's hard to say because technically I should be a senior, but I have taken it very slow and you know. Got "delayed" for a bit. So lets just say I have about two years left.

Photo Credit: BYU-Idaho Ambassadors (aka... Google)

I have finally decided on a major and even a minor! I am going to go into Communications with a minor in Clothing Construction. I have finally found a drive for school and am so excited to be a student learning. Where that was all along, I don't know. But as long as I have it I am going to push on through. Who knows, maybe I'll go back to school after I get my bachelors or even continue on and get a masters. 

Last two semesters I have enjoyed and done really well in my classes. (Minus my math class which was the bane of my existence. I'm just glad I passed. Now I never have to take it again!) I got some really good feedback from my professors and some recommendations for internships. That was an amazing feeling just to know that I was doing good in something and that I could have a real talent for a communications career. 

This semester my classes are looking really good too. I think it helps to finally have your mind made up with what you want to do instead of sitting in general classes and worrying about what to do with all of them. I am taking Mass Media and Society, Visual Media, Family Foundations, Fitness for Life, and Textiles. I was also taking Fashion Design and Merchandising, but it would have been a bit too much as Visual Media is going to take up a lot of my time and I want to do well in my classes. So I'll just take it a different semester. 

I was looking at my degree audit this morning and I discovered that I am only a few credits away from being completely done with all of my foundation courses which is basically equivalent to an associates. I am so excited! Those classes are very tedious at times, and frankly kind of boring. Plus they don't transfer to other universities as easily so that will be nice to get them out of the way if I decide to transfer.

 My goal is to get at least a 3.5 this semester. Hopefully it will happen. I am very excited for this semester and look forward to doing homework and to continuing my education.

Thumbs up to BYU-Idaho and the chilly months ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment