Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sum up of Summer

Painfully and regretfully I have had to come to the forced realization that summer is over. This saddens my heart dearly as I love the warm summer months. (Which begs the question, "Why am I attending an Arctic-Siberian-Icelandic-University?") So in honor of sweet summer, I wanted to tell you all what I did for my time off of school. So be prepared to be enlightened!

I was able to work this whole summer at the lovely CFC Fences and Decks. I started the very next monday that I returned from school, and worked all the way up until the day before I had to leave to come to school. This was my third summer there so I had a bit under my belt and I was able to have more responsibilities and to help out in more areas than the previous summers. I am now officially a fence, deck and outdoor structure nerd. I was able to answer questions that I didn't even know I had the answers to and was able to help out my coworkers in different areas. So if you have a fence you have questions about, bring it on! I can tell you all about it and direct you to the people who can build it! (Built in advertising? I think yes. CFC is the best! Go there, now! For all your installation and material needs! Mention my name and you get a discount. Okay, maybe not a discount but something else cool. Like a brand new fence!)
I came downstairs to the break room one day to find this!
I don't think it is official, but I'm totally counting it.
I finally got my own CFC shirt! Oooh yeah, I'm in the big leagues now.
Since work was such a big part of my life this summer, it sometimes felt as though I didn't get to do a whole lot, but looking back I realized that I was able to do a lot of fun things.

For example, I was able to go to Art City days with Rachelle. I was so excited! Mainly because they have corn dogs and I cannot express to you how much I love corn dogs. We walked around all the booths and even went on a ride. Rachelle was a little scared because frankly, the rides are a little old so she was nervous we would fall out. But it was still fun.

Art City Days!
I absolutely love love love Corn Dogs. We were very excited to eat them.
"Excited" to flip upside down and all around on the extremely safe and fun ride. 
Another fun thing I was able to do this summer was to play soccer with my little brother. Micah graduated from the family ward to the singles ward! So we started out playing for the ward team and then we made some friends from our ward and made an indoor team. We didn't win one game in indoor, but it was still fun to do that with Micah. It was frustrating at times as I can be ultra-super-sonic-competitive, but as my dad always says, "It wouldn't be fun if you never lost." That used to annoy me (still does sometimes) but it fun to get out and play again. 
First snow cones of summer after our first soccer game! I always end up getting the same one - Cherry Cola. Micah is a lot more adventurous and gets anything from cake batter to lemon.
I bruise like a peach so I was covered with bruises all summer. The guys at work were a little worried, but no fear! They are just from playing with boys in soccer. This isn't even the worst of the bruises!
Here are some other pictures to show some summer fun...
Micah and I comparing our arms. Sad thing is that he isn't even as dark as he got toward he got at the end of the summer! This picture doesn't give his skin the justice it deserves.
 My friend Casey and I caught the bouquet and garter at our friend Jake and Monica's wedding. 
 Another thing I did this summer was volunteer to help out the Relay for Life. I was able to receive a scholarship again and one of the requirements is to volunteer through the American Cancer Society. One cool thing was that they honor survivors and their caregivers. I asked my mom to come be my caregiver and as the even began all the survivors got to take a ceremonial first lap. It was very touching and was a neat experience to see all the other survivors around me.

One of the greatest things I got to do this summer was to go visit my sister Jenna in New York. It was so fun. But that is a post for another day. I'm very glad that I was able to get out and do some exciting things this summer and to rev up right before the start of school.

1 comment:

  1. I love this fun post! I especially love the photo of you and your mama. She is lovely. And so are you!

    ReplyDelete