Monday, November 1, 2010

Update

Once upon a time I used to be an avid blogger, dedicated to letting the world know about how I was doing with my cancerous life. I formally apologize for the lapse in my bloggage. I assume since you are reading this, that you want to know how I am doing. Well I am doing much better. Not having medicine or radiation in your body sure does make a difference in how you feel. I am slowly recovering from my time as a bald cancerous person.

So here is a little update on my non cancerous life: After finishing my last treatments and being faced with the fact of being free, I found myself feeling like a small little animal left out in the jungle with no one to care for me, frozen and frightened of my future. It truly is a scary thing going from having someone and everyone telling what to do and what not to do, to then not having anyone tell you what to do. Seriously, picture yourself in my position. See? Scary isn't it.

Health wise, I am really weak. Just trying to climb out of being sick and become healthy. I get really tired a lot, and sometimes I have little waves of feeling sick, but it isn't nearly as bad as chemo. (I doubt any sickness I have in the future will be that bad. *knock on wood...) It is really hard to breath sometimes, and I get winded often. But, I am getting better slowly but surely.

For awhile I was a little peeved that my trusted doctors didn't prepare me better for after being sick. But then I realized, it is just their job to get rid of it, not to show me how to live after it. So I am figuring it out for myself. I have started doing the Y-Be-Fit program at BYU, and have gotten a gym pass. Y-Be-Fit is a a program then helps teach you techniques to be more healthy through nutrition and exercise. They motivate, teach, and help you with goals you want to accomplish for optimum health.

So that is where I am at right now. Just trying to become normal. Oh life is still frustrating because I won't know where I am at until my PET scan in December, but I am just trying to be brave and patient, and then I can move on with my life. I have faith that everything will be okay.

Enough of the wa, wa, wa and onto the good stuff. I am going back to school in January!! How great is that?! Of course I am going up while it is Siberian weather, but I am super excited. I even have a 100% in my online science class! Plus I am still working and I just got a second job at the BYU bookstore doing gift wrap, so things are pretty good. Plus! I have been seeing Skyler lots and are you ready for this, I have a thick full head of hair!! Yeah, I am a furry little girl. It is so soft and feels like a little animal. I love it. Skyler and I tried to do a mohawk the other day, but it is still too short to style. But it was still fun. Soon I'll be braiding it and pig tailing away.

So there is my little update. I hope you enjoyed and that you are now currently feeling at peace from finally hearing from me. I shall try my best to be better at it. Have a wonderful day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rach! It's good to hear that your doing so well! I felt that way when I got back from my mission... There is always someone right there and then NOTHING...or at least comparatively nothing. Sounds like your doing well!

    So could you email me about this Y-be-fit thing? Is it for byu students only or others too?! Let me know!

    Also, I love that your getting your hair back! I remember my mom having cute short short hair when she had her brain surgery! I actually tried to convince her to cut it really short again!!!

    Loves! lex. I deleted my facebook so you can call or email me at 435.654.8114 or alexisabsract@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been patiently waiting for this update like a good dedicated fan. ;) so thanks! im so happy for you! also post pictures of the furiness? please?

    ReplyDelete