Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Finally Ate!

As I said in my Eleven Down, One to Go post a couple days ago, I have been struggling with having to eat. So, I just haven't. I have probably eaten the total of three small meals since Friday. Not so good.

Have you ever seen Pirates of the Caribbean? You know the part where Barbossa tells Elizabeth Swann about the curse? He explains that food turns to ash in their mouths when they eat. That is how I feel. Since the chemotherapy kills all fast growing cells-good and bad-it in turn kills my taste buds. I also get a metallic taste in my mouth, and occasionally mouth sores. This makes the flavors and textures of food totally wrong. Then when it finally slides down my gullet and into my stomach, it doesn't sit right. So all of this combined into one, makes for not a pleasant eating experience

So last night, after my not eating phase, I finally decided that I would give into my hunger while I had the chance. So around 11:00 at night, I texted Rachelle and we decided to go get something to eat, and "make memories" as Rachelle said. As the true Springvillians we are, where do you suppose we went? That's right. Beto's.

Beto's is the place to be in Springville. Ask anyone and they will tell you. It not only has good food, it is inexpensive and open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Which is lucky for us, because it was almost midnight at that point.

Since it is such a hopping place, we (and by "we," I mean Rachelle) decided to go through the drive-through.

This is Rachelle leaning way out of the window to order our food.
It was really funny to see. Then when she pulled up to the pick up
window, she was about five feet away from it.
Rachelle eating her taquito. I'm sure she is super happy that I am posting
these pictures. She knows I love her though. Plus, I warned her.
My taquito's and I. This is proof that I finally ate.
Oh they have the best guacamole... Beto's just hits the spot sometimes.
Shell and I. I know it doesn't look that appetizing all squished together,
but oh ho ho, that is where you are very wrong.
So I am very proud of myself for finally eating. I feel a lot better now that I have. Beto's saves the day once again! Thank you Rachelle for "making memories" with me, and for supporting me on my way to healthiness.

2 comments: