Saturday, August 21, 2010

No Mo Chemo!

So it is official! I have completed all of my chemotherapy treatments. I have done 12/12 thank you very much. It is so crazy to believe that I done. I don't have to feel sick anymore!!! I meet with a radiologist on Monday to talk about radiation.

You are probably wondering why I need radiation even though I did chemo and that it is done. It is because I have "bulky disease." That is when the lymph nodes haven't shrunk all the way down. It is also because the PET scan can only see so much, but they can't see the itty bitty cells that may or may not still have bad cells. So they are just going to finish the job and make me all better!

I can't believe that I have gotten through all of the icky chemo... This whole experience has seemed like it has dragged on and at the same time looking back it seems so fast! I mean it was only February that I found out I had cancer, and then I stared Chemo in March. I am so grateful that I was able to find out about it when I did, and that the seas parted for me to go to doctor's appointments and scans. I am very grateful for Dr. Wallentine and the medicine that I have been given to get better. I am very blessed.

I am just so so so SOO glad that I am done with Chemotherapy. I could not get through this without my friends, family, fiance, and Heavenly Father. I have been strengthened beyond all explanation, and I am so grateful for the support and grace that have been given to me. It has been a hard journey, but it is over.

All I have to do now is just take what I have learned from this experience and move on with my life. I learned so much and I am excited to share it with the world. I want to give back and help others the way that I have been helped. I can't wait to see what is in store for me. I know that I will have Heavenly Father with me and he will help me with everything. I know this with all my heart.

Next week we are going to have "No Mo Chemo" party after I am feeling better. I can finally yell to the world...
No Mo Chemo!!! Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap...
No Mo Chemo!!! Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap...
YIPPEE!!!! Insert happy dance here..

1 comment: