Sunday, August 15, 2010

Look Good, Feel Better

One of the services that the Central Utah Clinic provides is a class called "Look Good, Feel Better." It is a class that teaches women makeup tips and tricks. For a person who has never been the best at applying makeup, and one who doesn't like to wear a lot of makeup, I was a bit skeptical about attending. But as I have slowly seen my face change and watched my eyebrows and eyelashes disappear, I thought it might be a good idea to go after all.
I went to the meeting and was just planning on sitting in the back and observing, but it ended up being about six women sitting around a table. By looking at their faces, I could tell that each of them was as nervous, insecure, and skeptical as I was.

We were each given a bag that coordinated with our specific skin tone that contained a ton of makeup. I was scared at first, because like I said, I don't wear a ton. But I was also really excited to learn how to use makeup. All of the stuff in the bag honestly helps me look better. All of it was donated by different brands, like Mary Kay, Chanel, and some other ones you don't find in a department store.

The instructors were really kind and sensitive to all of our insecurities. They really knew what they were talking about and were able to answer all of our questions. The tips and tricks they gave us were amazing! I really learned a lot about how to make my face look normal while I am sick and recovering. They also taught us some really cool tricks to do with scarfs and the bottom half of a t-shirt.

Toward the end of the class, all of us were more relaxed and more confident. It really did make a difference in how I felt. It was really great to take part in that service that they provided and to feel better. It is hard to explain exactly the kind of way you look at yourself when you are sick.

It was also nice to talk to some of those women. It was nice to have someone who understands what I am going through, and to give advice and information that I know. The best part was, the tricks they taught me don't include as much makeup as I thought it would, so it isn't like I am making myself look like a painted barbie every day.

I am glad I went. I really did look good and feel better. Heck, I bet these tricks will make me look super good after I get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment