Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another Recent Happening...

I forgot to say another thing that happened. A very exciting, yet hard thing.
My roommate Bethany got married and I got to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. My other roommate Camille came out from Texas to be a bridesmaid as well and we got to hang out. It was really fun and also a little hard. I felt really self-conscious with my chemo weight, how I look, and my wig. I was also a bit envious of her, and excited for her at the same time.
I only had one little break down though where I only cried for like 30 seconds. After that I was better. It was good to have Camille there with me. She calmed me down and understood how I was feeling.
Despite the hard part, it was good to support Bethany. I saw her today, and she is so happy and peaceful. It was good to see her. We decided that when Sky and I get married that we are going to go on double dates and go to the temple together as couples. It will be way fun.
I am really proud of myself for pushing through such a hard thing and having a really good time. It really gave me something to look forward to and I am excited to plan my own wedding. As I was going through this, I heard my dad's voice in my head saying what he always would say to me when I was younger, "We can do hard things." Now I know I really can do hard things. I mean I have cancer! That is super hard. But I can do this. It is okay. I can still enjoy life, and support my friends and look forward to the exciting things that are yet to come.

Here are some pictures from her wedding. Yes, I am a bit goofy in some of them, but then, when am I not a little goofy?

Me and Camdizzle Bridesmaiding it up
Me and Camille. Her eyes are ridiculously blue, and her
lashes are like an inch long. No joke. She is beautiful!!
I totally messed up the picture... I thought we
were doing a goofy shot. But it is cute.
Me and Bethany! She was so beautiful!!
Waiting for Bethany outside of the temple. We are so cute.
My wig looked quite nice if I do say so myself.


1 comment:

  1. I'll say it again! you do look great in your wig! it suits you well and you have amazing volume! ;) I'm so glad you got to enjoy your friends!! Love the video that you did for your friend Camille too! Your always a cheer and I know there are rough days, but you make it seem like life is grand no matter if you have cancer or not. I know you have your Dr. appointment today!!! I hope that it's going really well. You have always been in my prayers and continue to be there forever!

    Hugs, loves, prayers and the best of Luck Rach!

    Lexy

    ReplyDelete