Thursday, July 8, 2010

Recent Happenings...

It has been a while since I last posted so I thought I would do a little update and get my thoughts out there. A lot of things have happened since my last post, such as I got another treatment, I saw Skyler, and I got my PET Scan!!

My treatments have steadily gotten a little worse each time with the reactions I get. Remember when I said that when I get the flush for my drugs I get a bad smell in my mouth? Well this time I actually got physically sick. Twice. It was not enjoyable. But I got some good nausea medicine so it was okay. It knocked me out reeeaal good. I slept and slept and slept.

After I was feeling better from my treatment, I went up to Rexburg. And why did I go on this little escapade? I went to go talk in Skyler's Marriage Prep class. It was so much fun to go up there and talk to them about our experience as a couple and to actually be back in the 'burg. His teacher even took our slide show I made and talked about us in the next class. Some people came up to us and said that we were so great and that they loved us. We were celebrities for a day. It was a great feeling. Plus, I got to see Skyler!! Oh it was great. I had a lot of fun hanging out with him and being in Rexburg when it wasn't below zero. People actually go outside and enjoy themselves there! Who would've known?! I even balded it up while I was there. I figure, I don't have anything to hide or be ashamed of, so why should I put on a scarf or a hat? The answer is, I shouldn't. So I embraced my bald little head and enjoyed the nice cool breeze. It was really fun to hang out in Rexburg and see all my friends who are up there right now.
One thing that was bad, was that I have really bad chemo brain right now, so I can't really think clearly and things come slower to me. I feel kind of stupid a lot of the time, but I am working hard on my brain activity. Despite my chemo brain, I did well in Sky's class.


After Rexburg, me and Skyler came down for the Fourth of July, and a nice little weekend. It was really fun to hang out with him. We hung out with Kyle and Lindsey and saw Toy Story 3. It was so stinking cute, and we had a lot of fun with them. Here are some pictures I took of Sky while he was here. I am taking a photography class, so he was my homework for the week.

Hubba, hubba, future hubby.
See how much fun we were having?
Oooh yeah. He is super cute.
So had a great time with Sky. It was hard to have him leave to go back to Rexburg, but I am planning on going up to see him in Coeur d'Alene soon so it will be okay. It was just good to see him and to be able to spend time with him. It really boosted my energy and confidence that everything is going to be all okay very soon.

I spent time with my sister Jenna this week while my parents have been out of town. It was really nice to do that because she is moving away to New York soon with her husband for medical school. Curse you Brett and your smart brain! I am actually really excited for them even though they will be super far away. But they will enjoy being out there. But we went to Brett's families house to set off fireworks and it was a lot of fun.
One of the fireworks for the Fourth of July.
I was super excited because I figured out how to work
my camera for my class and to get a good picture.

Now for some exciting medical news. I got finally got my PET scan. I was really nervous to go because the last one they had trouble with the IV, but this time the technician got it in the first time and was really nice. He warned me when the Saline flush so I could plug my nose. I also didn't get too sick when I had to drink the contrast that mixes with the radioactive stuff that they put into the IV. I stayed really still while they sent me through the scanner. The tech said since I did that, the images will be really clear for the radiologist.

Now that I have had my scan, now all I have to do is just hope and pray that the results are good. I have a good feeling, but I am also preparing myself for if the doctor says that I have to have more chemo or that I have to have radiation. Tomorrow really is the deciding day... It is really nerve-racking to think about because it could change my life as it is now. I could actually start making plans for my wedding and prepare to go back to school and do other things in my life. But if not, then I shall just go forward with faith and continue my routine. But if all goes well tomorrow, then I will only have three more treatments!! So prayers and faith are greatly appreciated at this time. (Hint, hint.)

I have faith that everything will be okay no matter the results. I am truly blessed. I feel my testimony growing, and I feel like I am progressing even though I have cancer and I can't do everything I wish I could. I am developing mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I am becoming a better person and maturing. I look back on how I was before this and I feel like I have grown so much in such a short amount of time. I really am grateful to God for providing me a time to do so. I know that this is for my good and I can't wait to be able to become a even better person after this. Wish me luck!!!

3 comments: