Friday, July 23, 2010

Cancer Makes Me Crafty (Part 1)

So in a short while I will (hopefully) put some pictures on here to prove why cancer makes me so crafty-that will be "Part 2." I was already crafty before, hence why I picked Art as my major. But this whole thing to my brain makes me even more so. Lucky me! Plus I need projects to keep me busy.

Here are some projects I have planned on doing through this experience: (Blue=Done/Orange=Currently Working On/ Green=Currently Working on... In my head./*=Date craft accomplished)
  1. Get back into quilting. (So far I have two and a half I need to work on. Three and a half if you count a kit I bought back when I worked at the Corn Wagon Quilt Shop-BEST job ever. I love, and I am slightly addicted to fabric. Working there didn't help that addiction. Or my Mother's. Or my Sister's. But I'm okay with that. And so are they.)
  2. Finish and start embroidery pieces-and frame them.
  3. Sew a little baby dress from a pattern my Mom got. She got me some more super cute fabric to do another one, and I am super excited to do it.
  4. Learn to make cute headbands.*10/18/2010
  5. Humanitarian coloring books. *8/23/10
  6. Make cards. Thank you Mom, Natalie, Jenna, and Tammy! I'm also going to try to make some blank ones for the chemo room's basket.
  7. Make a little photo scrapbook. *10/27/10
  8. A birthday gift for my sister. Surprise Jebs! I can't say freely as to what it is, because she reads my blog. So whoever and her will just have to wait and find out. Just wait Jenna. Just. You. Wait. It'll be good. *7/27/10
  9. Make fleece blankets for the chemo room. It is cold in there, and then the medicine makes you even colder. (I am now more in favor of all those service projects we did for Mutual, Youth Conference and EFY, than I used to be.) *10/14/2010
  10. Make Magnets with my Mom. *7/23/10
Now I am accountable before myself, the "whole blogging community"-reader or fellow blogger, and everyone else, that I will try my best to work on and all of these projects. When I have completed and gotten ahead in some of them, I will post pictures of my crafty cancerous success. I'm really looking forward to that! It'll be really cool when I can make all of those blue. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment