Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm Going To Coeur d'Alene!

Skyler is from Coeur d'Alene Idaho. Upon finding this information out, my reaction was something like "Coeur d'What?" I had never heard of this place that sounded like some special brand of french soup, or a limited edition of cheese. I halfway thought that he just made up a fake town just to mess with people. He didn't though. It does in fact exist. Soupy sounding or not.

When I asked what it was like, he told me-and I quote-that "Coeur d'Alene is the most magical place on earth. They hand out balloons on every corner and throw gold out into the street." Upon learning this, I made it a goal that I would one day go to this magical land and have gold thrown at my feet and balloons handed to me by cheery people.

This is where Coeur d'Alene is located. Up in the pan handle.
Apparently they don't grow potatoes up there.
It's Idaho! You think they would.

This goal was met back in December when I went up to visit before Christmas. It was so pretty! Much different from the Utah desert I am accustomed to that is for sure. The only thing that was missing were the balloons and gold! Maybe on this next visit I will be able to see the legendary gold throwers and gracious balloon givers.

"When will this next visit be?" you may ask. The answer is... This week baby!! We totally planned it sporadically on Sunday afternoon while Skyler's cousin's were visiting me. It was supposed to be a surprise, but I'm not very good at holding in surprises. So I spilled the beans. So far the plan is I will drive up there (11 hours... Yikes!) on Wednesday, then fly home the following Wednesday. That's right! I'm going to be up there a whooooole week!

I was really worried about flying and going through security with my port because of the metal it is made out of and if the atmospheric pressure would negatively effect my body through the port. I asked though, and they said it would be okay. What do you know? People with cancer can fly just like normal people. How cool is that? Pretty darn awesome if you ask me.

Another concern is that I thought it might set of the beeper. I was also because I sometimes wear scarves and they look like turbans... Enough said. Not a good combination. I have a solution though. I just won't wear a scarf. That way I won't get tackled by security guards if the beeper does goes off...
"kkkrrfff... Attention, calling all units! We have a bald girl setting of the alarm. We need immediate backup! kkkrrfff..."
Can't you just imagine that happening? I can. It probably won't though. But I'm okay with that.

I am so stinking excited. It will be a nice little vacation. From my PROBLEMS! Ha, if you have ever seen the movie What About Bob?, then you will know what I am referring to. If not, I suggest that you take some time and watch it. It is one of my favorites, therefore I can quote almost the entire movie. Along with Hook. I LOVE the movie Hook. The fact that I can out quote Sky to that movie is what got him to notice me in the first place! Just kidding... Well kind of. But Rachel's quirk of memorizing movie dialogue, and obsession with movies is a story for another time.

The point is, I'm going to Coeur d'Alene! I am going to see Skyler, and his wonderful family. I am going to have a jolly good time doing it as well. I know that it will give me an extra little "uoomph" for these last two treatments.

I am so excited to go up there! We already have a list of stuff we are going to. I'm also going to take my camera and take pictures. I shall post a report of pictures and an account of what we accomplished on our list.

This is a picture Coeur d'Alene. (Thank you Google images.) Doesn't it just look like the most amazing place in the world?! I believe it does. I am so excited to go!
Now that you have seen this picture, you can imagine me running all over the tree covered hill, playing in the lake, and having the time of my life.

Oh it will be a glorious day in Idaho when I come... It's going to be Coeur d'INSANE!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky! I want to go home soooo bad! I hope you have a great time! Coeur d'Alene is the best place on earth! Hands down.

    ReplyDelete