Friday, July 23, 2010

Second Star to the Right, and Straight on til' Morning!

This was some really funny experiences that happened after my treatment, and where can you always depend on to have a funny experience? Wal-Mart!

Wal-Mart, Round 1:
After my treatment, my Mom needed to go to Wal-Mart, and I didn't want to lay in bed, so I said I would go with her. But I wasn't in the mood to walk. Then a lovely thought occurred to me. Wheelchairs! When people are sick they use wheelchairs!

I was super excited. Then I realized a magnificent thing! Instead of that, I could upgrade to a mobilized wheelchair cart! "Yes!" I thought to myself, I have always wanted to try that!" So we went. I think my mom was a little worried as to what havoc I might wreak, but also excited to see me do it as well.

I was still under the influence of my Lorazapam medicine aka, my Peter Pan medicine (I couldn't pronounce it the first time I heard it, so that is why I call it that.) Because I was under the influence of Peter Pan, I was kind of loopy. I mean really loopy. I felt great. Like there was nothing wrong with me. Just faaantastic! But to others, I must have looked like a nut job. My Mom just smiled to herself and rolled her eyes a bit. She thought I was pretty funny.

You can have this....
Or you can have this!
UPGRADE!!
I got lots of looks. I think it is because I am bald, and was riding the cart. These two usually get looks on their own, but added together and also the fact that I was super giggly and happy as can be, caused even more looks to come my way. And that is okay. I'm used to it. I will touch more on that in a later post.

My Mom kept telling me to not run into people-which I didn't, thank you very much. I came close to, but I never actually hit any human body. A dog or cat might have slipped under my wheel a time or two, there is just no way of knowing. Just kidding. I used my arm to signal where I was going. That's right, I payed attention in Drivers Ed. Coach would be so proud!

I also imagined me riding away down the aisles and having my Mom chase after me yelling, "Slow down! Slow down!" Then me knocking down the Wal-Mart displays.
That didn't happen though. I behaved. But I thought it would be really funny if it did.
Was that the end of my adventures that day? No, there was more. Much more.

Wal-Mart, Round 2:
Later that evening (while I was still loopy) we were telling my Dad and Brother about our little adventure. As we were all getting ready to get ready for bed, when my Dad whispered in my Mom's ear that he had a sweet tooth craving. I encouraged this by saying we could celebrate me having no more cancer! This seemed like a good enough excuse as any, so we decided to go to Wal-Mart yet again! As we were leaving I yelled, "I get to ride the cart again!" This getting the same response and excitement as the first time, and giving my brother the idea to do it as well, but he didn't.

When we were there all the fluorescent lights were glowing like a huge cloud. It was so crazy! Then I started feeling like I was floating. I asked my family if the lights were like that for them, When I said that to my family, they all looked at each other and my Mom suggested that we should go and get me to bed-and quickly.

My Dad and I at Wal-Mart. I almost to ran into him when I was
turning the corner. I didn't though,which is what matters most.

My brother Micah and I. Thumbs up to being able to ride the cart!
This can go on my advantage list as well.

I was so excited that the second cart had a horn! Sadly, the first one didn't.
When I sat down in the first one, the first thing I said was "Dang, no horn?!" Mom told me it was because of people like me that they disabled it.

The lovely horn button. This cart even beeped when it backed up.
Giving me a reason to back up more often.
Videos:
These are some videos we took of me on the wheelchair. Micah and I want to go back and make a music video. That is what we do for fun in Springville. Go to Wal-Mart and hang out. But this is basically a documentary, so it is okay.

I was the Queen of Wal-Mart.
(This got me even more looks, ha ha.)

I love Otter Pops. They are possibly one of the
greatest treats of all time.

This is me being a good driver and using my turn signal. Sadly, it
cuts off right before I almost hit my dad who was just around the corner.

So there it is. My little loopy adventure. Ha, after all of this, I reminded my Mom that i wasn't supposed to drive while under the influence of my Peter Pan medicine. So much for that. On telling her that, she gave a deep surprised gasp and said, *Gasp! "You're right!" It was pretty funny. I then asked her if I could use the wheelchair every time we went, and gladly she gave me permission for as long as I didn't have hair. This makes me want to keep shaving my head for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment